A few months ago my brother called me to let me know he’d be in the state, and we tried to meet up (though it didn’t work out). He was going to be visiting his girlfriend, Cristina. The week he called me though, she was getting ready to visit Ireland. I took the opportunity to ask if he could ask her to get me some sort of keychain or something with “Erin” written on it.
Traveled to Ireland
- Cuddled and Adopted a Penguin — The weekend before last, I celebrated my birthday up north at the Maryland Zoo in Baltimore. According to my research its the closest zoo that offers penguin experiences/encounters. (And just $45 for a cheek to beak experience). I’d already lost my heart at one experience with Busch/Seaworld, but I wanted to see the penguins at one of [...]
- Visited Mill Mountain Zoo — I was craving another animal experience for my birthday, even if it couldn’t involve penguins. Luckily for me, a local small zoo, Mill Mountain Zoo had a free admission day during my birthday weekend, so we were able to check something off the local bucket list! I quickly learned that [...]
- Kissed an Alpaca in Amish Country — This was another year where I did not have the chance to leave the country, but I was able to visit an Amish community and appreciate their culture. Husband and I drove to his hometown area to watch friends be wedded, so my mother in law, and sister in law decided to visit Amish country. [...]
- Weathered a Hurricane in OBX — Another “Favorite Unblogged 2015 moment” Like most summers/fall we were able to vacation again in the beautiful Outerbanks. We looked forward to this break from work, a chance to travel and relax with friends. As the trip neared closer there was the chance of ugly weather (as there usually is when we plan the trip [...]
- Marveled at a Lindsey Stirling Concer... — Another in the “Favorite 2015 Unblogged Moments” series. Randomly, I discovered Lindsey Stirling and her unique sound of dubstep beats mixed with classic violin via Pandora, and she’s been on of my favorite artists since. Her story of overcoming a horrible critic during America’s Got Talent, is inspiring. In 2015 I was lucky enough to [...]