Each Halloween we usually have a few friends who host a costume party or at least a fall party. This year I didn’t even know if I wanted to go to the parties we were invited to because I couldn’t come up with a clever costume. Husband had already decided that he wanted to dress up as a terrorist and a few other friends had convinced him that he needed to be a zombie terrorist.
Dressed as Combat Barbie
- Met Vermin Supreme — Well tonight there was an adventure to beat the Monday blues! After a long day of work, finally going to the gym, eating at our favorite Sushi hubby and I were beat. He headed down to his man cave in the basement. Suddenly, he calls out “Honey! GET DRESSED!” (I was in work out clothes). [...]
- Lived in a United America — This is third presidential election that I’ve been able to vote it, and it has taught me that I do not live in a united America at all. 2008- Due to conservative beliefs I began my voting career as an idealist Republican. I was sold the fear that Obama would ruin America and everything that [...]
- Froze For My Gun Rights at Lobby Day ... — Every year we drive to Richmond to meet with our state representatives to discuss our opinions of the upcoming legislation for the session. All types of lobby groups are there, but VCDL tends to draw the largest crowd. We didn’t drive down early because of an upcoming house purchase and trying to save money. I’d [...]
- Celebrated the 71st Anniversary of DD... — Another post in the “Favorite Unblogged 2015 Moments” series. My in laws tend to visit in June when they can, and we found ourselves near the DDay Memorial on the 71st Anniversary! I was excited about a fun opportunity, despite that husband was leery of the crowds. We visited later in the day and enjoyed [...]
- Met Emily Miller at Lobby Day — Another year at Lobby day! It is neat to look back each year, because each one we get to introduce new friends to the importance of meeting with our elected representatives and holding them accountable. This year we stayed in Richmond for the night and did some touristy things, then went to the General Assembly [...]